Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How does 4 pole, triple throw switch work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zmanultra

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
im really confused about the operation of these kind of switched i need to use one because the toggle allows the user to choose between 3 modes of operation.

can some one explain the circuit for me, im i dont know how it works, i googled but didn’t help me...
:cry:

Re: 4 pole, triple throw

a 4 pole means that the input is from 4 terminals..... triple throw means that these 4 inputs can be connected to 3 output sets of 4 poles each.....

i dont understand what do you mean by :

"4 inputs can be connected to 3 output sets of 4 poles each....."

im so confused

the 4 input terminals contain a different input each.... and there a 3 sets of output which each have 4 output terminals.... these input terminals can be connected to any of these output set.....

you said....
the 4 input terminals contain a different input each....

do you mean

the 4 input terminals contain a different output each....

ya... it is just the way of looking that differs.....
these 4 terminals are the what are meant by the term 4 pole.....

how does it work? say i want to the first mode to be off (no power) the second mode to have power (signal A) , and the third mode to have power (signal B)

i dont know how to go on about it

i drew a pic for you to help me understand what will happen.
i really appreciate your help A.Anand :)

what you have drawn is a 4 pole double throw.... these 4 inputs A,B,C,D switch together and hence either E(i),F(i),G(i),H(i) will have power or E(ii),F(ii),G(ii),H(ii) will have power at any instant of time.... if you add a third terminal E(iii),F(iii),G(iii),H(iii) then it is 4 pole triple throw switch.....
are you able to understand it.....

zmanultra

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
4 pole, triple throw

you know where u said that either E(i),F(i),G(i),H(i) will have power or E(ii),F(ii),G(ii),H(ii) will have power .....does that depend on what i feed the inputs?

and also, whats confusing me is the why the hell do e for example have two lines? can you explain that?

hey E(i) and E(ii) are connected to different circuits..... it wont be connected to the same place as you have drawn in the circuit.... whether E(i) gets power or E(ii) gets power depends on you i.e to which one you connect A,,.....

4 pole, triple throw

A.Anand thanx i understand now. i just needed time to sink in, i undestand 100% now :)
i wasnt looking at the actuall outputs off e f g h...
each set will give a different signal :D

Status
Not open for further replies.