Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do you make copper track cuts? (stripboard)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Somphorn

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi! I've been working on creating electronic circuits using stripboard. All this time I make track cuts by carving the sides of the hole, since that's the area that has the narrowest copper track. With a sharp-pointed scissor. I wonder how other fellow hobbyists do it. Is there a better way? Care to share?

You are doing it the hard way!

Cut at the holes but use a 5mm drill. Locate the drill tip in a hole and twist it by hand.

Brian.

Somphorn

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
...Or you can use a countersink with a handle, its easier to hold this than a drill.

/wyatt

Somphorn

Vero company made Veroboard stripboard in England. They mounted a drill bit in a handle and called it a Track Cutter Tool.

On another site there is a tool shown from Germany that cuts stripboard copper tracks between holes.

Somphorn

Hi,

To save all the trouble of cutting the track, why not buy the stripboards which are already cut.

Should think you can buy some in your area, they are known here as TriPad strip boards where a cut as been made every third hole and the Dot Matrix strip board where each hole is separate - make things loads easier.

Somphorn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back