Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do Rohde & Schwarz and Anritsu specify VNA calibration kits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drkirkby

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The way HP and Agilent specify the properties of their calibration kits is pretty well covered in application notes

Opens have C0, C1, C2, C3, offset loss, offset delay, offset Zo
Shorts have L0, L1, L2, L3, offset loss, offset delay, offset Zo

This is covered in some detail in "Specifying Calibration Standards for the Agilent 8510 Network Analyzer" Application Note 8510-5B
**broken link removed**

Can anyone tell point me to a reference which describe how the other two major VNA manufacturers, Rohde & Schwarz and Anritsu, specify their standards? I can't see to find any application note on this from either company.

Perhap that's why I prefer HP - they provide a lot more application notes than either Rohde & Schwarz or Anritsu.

Dave

These coefficients have been using for old model VNAs.They are not necessary anymore for recent VNAs.
Every calibration-of course for the same brand- kit has been defined in VNA by software and all you should do is to select calibration kit model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back