Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how do I use the biological materials in xFDTD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aurora9520

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I am trying to use the hi-fidelity package of human head & body from xFDTD.
But I don't understand the part on how to set-up the frequency dependent materials for a broadband antenna simulations.

This is what I do:
1. Import a mesh-object, e.g. the male head
2. Create antenna geometry
3. mesh it to 1mm cell size. (I would like smaller, but the memory requirement is huge!)
4. Select Edit -> Geometry -> Tissue Material Parameter, and hit "Frequency Dependent", press "compute"

But I don't see anything happen to the parameters. They are still the same values.

Is there something wrong with my procedure? Am I missing something? Can anyone please help me...

Thank you very much!!

aurora

Dear all,

Does anyone have experience in the head model in xFDTD? Please give some help or any valuable advice where I can get some detailed tutorial?

Thank you very much in advance...

aurora

not sure if you have changed the mesh. did you see xfdtd reporting a different estimation for the memory required? did you save your goemetry before starting the simulation?

Can you help me to get the sfotware
I need it but I didn't find any source on the internet

Hey !

Ask the SEMCAD guys to send you a demo version of their software and a human head model.

They have a whole series of high resolution anatomical human heads - which are CAD and not voxel based.
Like this you can do any graded mesh (not homogeneous like in XFDTD, wasting RAM) on the head and get a nice numerical model with a well handable number of FDTD cells !

Check their homepage: www.semcad.com
Somewhere there is an online form where you can ask.

Regards

Hello DrNiiken

Thanks for your suggestion! SEMCAD responded very fast, and I am playing around with it. Seems to be pretty nice!

Thanks,
aurora

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back