Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how do i make a 1440hz filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjfabiszak

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am looking to see if anybody knows where I can find the schematics for a 1440hz filter. I have two audio frequencies a 1440hz and 2670hz frequency on one line and need to filter out the 1440hz frequency to verify that the 2670hz frequency is indeed 2670hz. Thank you guys very much...

What order?
Do you need active filter or passive filter?
You should use filter softwares. I recomend filter free, you can design and simulate, all kind of filters.

see filter free page at:

www.nuhertz.com

Good luck

I am not sure if it should be an active or passive filter.... all i know is that there are two frequencies on this one line and i am trying to troublehshoot it by verifying that the two frequencies on this line are in fact the correct frequencies of 1440hz and 2670hz... my theory is that if i make a filter that will filter out the 1440hz frequency than i will be able to see the 2670hz on a o-scope and verify the correct frequency.. .is this not accurate? does anybody know a better way to do this?

I think the better choice is a notch filter. Some time ago I made a notch filter for 9500hz, and have other frequency of 12000hz that I had to see. Let me if I can found that circuit, maybe it could be enoght for you.

Added after 6 minutes:

Here I found. I change the values to get 1500hz

Added after 10 minutes:

Changing the values, you can get better or worse Q. Just play for a little time, and try some values in the simulation. The circuit work very good.

jjfabiszak,
See the articel "Closing the Loop Deepens Notches" at **broken link removed**.
Regards,
Kral

Beware, the filter posted has a relatively wide notch for your application and the 2.67KHz signal would be attenuated by about -10dB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back