Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] How do I know this solar panel properties?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tengyy

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
solar panel properties.png

this 28cm x 18cm length
12 inch

i wish to know Watt, voltage, ampere output. where or how can i find these properties ?

Ask the manufacturer, only they will know. If I had to guess, and assuming you meant 12V and not 12 inch, I would say it is about 10W rating.

Brian.

Reactions: tengyy

tengyy

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
You can get the voltage level by passing high intensity light on it. To get the maximum voltage level. When you are applying the light try to increase it gradually.

Once if you found the voltage level then test the panel as power supply test (load regulation) to find out the current.

Reactions: tengyy

tengyy

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
The panel is 5W, 18V, and 0.278A
1.2kg
Thank everyone reply

search the similar image from google... roughly know how many volt is it.. then go TAOBAO search the same image product with the volt

The panel is 5W, 18V, and 0.278A
1.2kg
Thank everyone reply

PV arrays are basically current sources with a zener-like limit for Voc that is 25~28% higher. of open circuit voltage. or the reverse Vmpp=78~80% Voc

But since 18V* 0.278A = 5W , I would assume this is the Max Power Point or MPP.

Always protect the PV from overvoltage and reverse voltage. For safety a Power Schottky diode can be used.

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back