Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do I increase UPS backup time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maung Pru

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have been using sendon 1000va ups with 2 x 12 volt 7aH batteries. I replaced two 12 volt (17 plate) 160 aH lead acid batteries for long backup for 1 Fan and 40 watt 2 energy saving light. Backup time only 7 minutes! And switch goes off, and need again switch on for another 7 minutes.

What should I need to do for increasing backup time?

Check temp of MOSFETs heatsink inside UPS, they are small. That UPS is not designed to work for longer time. Replace heatsinks. I will not exclude even usage of some timer.

Hello Maung Pru,

can it be, that your new battery is not fully charged. The charging current of UPS is not strong enough to charge the big battery in time.

Look for the battery voltage under load. It must be >11V else the battery is empty.

Regards

Rainer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back