Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do I get the boundary conditions of the parallel plate waveguide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeknight

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In the book Microwave Engineering,when the author calculate the TM modes of the parallel plate waveguide,the boundary conditions is that ez(x, y)=0 when y=0,d; and in TE modes,Ex=0 when y=0,d; and d/dx = 0; Why?

Because a perfect conductor (assumed in the derivation of the mode patterns) cannot support an electric field. Therefore the electrical field components tangential to the conductors are necessarily zero, as in the cases of the TE & TM modes.

Because a perfect conductor (assumed in the derivation of the mode patterns) cannot support an electric field. Therefore the electrical field components tangential to the conductors are necessarily zero, as in the cases of the TE & TM modes.

I know this post is old, but I would like to know if the magnetic field is also zero at the boundaries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back