Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do I draw multiple cut like this picture in HFSS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shirpo

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I'm new to antenna design and this is my first time using the ANSYS HFSS as well, so I'm wondering what is the most effective way to draw the patch in the picture correctly, do I just draw multiple mini rectangles then subtract them? If so is there anyway to be sure that the length is correct? I'm new to this software so I want to learn more
Patch.png

Yes, this is an option how to draw the antenna. Other option is to draw the shape in other programs which allow easier drawing and import the file (e.g. PCB layout software and import the Gerber file)

To measure length or other dimensions you do a right click and choose Measure.

My preference is to draw a "parametric" based model. That is a bit harder up front but the model can easily be changed as you will probably be tuning the dimensions once you have a configuration you want to study. Ansoft provides numerous examples to study.

I would concur with the above comments. Using other software can be a problem as often CAD packages add features that drive the HFSS meshing crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back