Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] How do I download release code to MSP430 in IAR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4l490n

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

Do anybody know how can I download my code to the MSP430 from IAR EWB? I'm able to debug but I can't find the option to just compile anddownload my code to the MSP

Hello!

I'm not sure of what you want to know. If you press cmd-D, your code gets compiled
and as far as there are no more errors, it gets downloaded to the target.
At this point, if you unplug the debugger interface and reset your target, then your
program should start. Did you look at project option and verified that the target is set
to your board, and not the simulator? Did you verify that the processor setup matches
your target's processor? That should make it.

Dora

Hi

Do anybody know how can I download my code to the MSP430 from IAR EWB? I'm able to debug but I can't find the option to just compile anddownload my code to the MSP

Thanks for answering

What I can tell is that little after posting this thread and no receiving any answer I gave up, disconnected the FET and voila!! the coda was running. The reason for this post at the beginning was that with PICs is different, and I thought I was going to find something similar working with MSP. I thought that I had to switch between compiling for debugging and compiling for running but that concept doesn't exist here, you just compile and that's it. so problem solved!!

Thanks anyway for answering, regards!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back