Status
Not open for further replies.

haley_8

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How do I change temperature in Cadence? Or to play around with the corners? Where are these parameters?

Re: Cadence help

simple method, setup->temperature... in ADE
or tools->parametric analysis...->variable name: temp, sweep temperature
if simulating with corner, tools->corners, it combines various temperatures and corners and runs them once

gingerjiang -- thanks! I just found temperature in setup, but in tools-->paarametric analysis -->

I only see variable name, but temperature is not in there? Anyways, that's not important, but I am going to use Setup and temp...

For the corners, are you or anyone familiar with them? Like how many are there? I know there are tt, ss,ff...

I see Tools-->corners, but I don't know how to use that window. Is there another way to set up the corners?

if you set corner independently, setup->libraries, when you set the model file in Model Library File, you can fill the corner in Section(opt.)

I don't see LIbraries in Setup?

oh, sorry, it's Model Libraries

The corners depends on the devices u have in ur circuit,
For example , If u use transistors , resistors and capacitors , so u need to check the different corners for each for example fs transistors, slow resistors , fast capacitors and so on.
I think a good way to do so is to write an ocean script to sweep across all devices corners as well as supply and temperature , then u can check what are the worse corners for ur design and start modifying ur design to pass those corners.

unix_amr

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…