Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do I build a frequency controlled switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gestalt

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to take a steady DC Voltage of 15V-72V at 1.5amps and have it periodically drop to 0V. Below is the waveform I am looking for.
**broken link removed**

I also want to be able to adjust the frequency of how often the downward spikes occur. I am looking to work in the range of 1Hz - 7kHz.

I am thinking a simple relay (to handle higher voltages/currents) or a transistor that opens for a split second and closes again.
My base electronics knowledge is very rusty, what is the simplest way of creating a control circuit with a switch and variable frequency control to achieve this?

More info is needed....
output pulse DC Voltage of 15V-72V
Max. pulse current 1.5amps
Pulse frequency 1Hz - 7kHz controlled with ??? ( potentiometer , ext. voltage..... )
What is a split second in number values ? ( Pulse OFF-time = voltage 0V )
Is this pulse OFF-time constant value ?
What is the load ? ( Inductive, capacitive or pure resistance)

Last edited:

More info is needed....
output pulse DC Voltage of 15V-72V
Max. pulse current 1.5amps
Pulse frequency 1Hz - 7kHz controlled with ??? ( potentiometer , ext. voltage..... )
What is a split second in number values ? ( Pulse OFF-time = voltage 0V )
Is this pulse OFF-time constant value ?
What is the load ? ( Inductive, capacitive or pure resistance)

Pulse frequency 1Hz - 7kHz controlled with ??? - Potentiometer
What is a split second in number values ? ( Pulse OFF-time = voltage 0V ) I'm not sure what's technically feasible here...but i was hoping somewhere between 50 microseconds and 2ms.
Is this pulse OFF-time constant value ? Yes it is constant while in operation. However I would like to be able to adjust it down the road with a pot as well.
What is the load ? Load is Inductive

Just a quick update.

I came across this **broken link removed** by syscomp and it should be able to output the desired waveform with its arbitrary wave function, plus it has a super friendly UI. Just curious if anyone has come across other cool simple robust devices like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back