Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How different audio frequency at the same time modulate single carrier frequency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Code Warrior

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
One thing still confuse me. How different audio frequency at a same time modulate single carrier frequency. I mean a 100MHz FM transmitter is broadcasting Music, music contains audio frequency from 1KHz to 18KHz, so my question is how a multiple audio frequency modulate single RF carrier at a same time.

Re: RF & Modulation

Hi,
Itz possible for no.of modulating frequencies to modulate a single carrier.However, the time domain and freq.domain descriptions would be a bit complex.
The modulation index is defined separately for this case and also the power and current requirements.Lotz of books in literature explain these concepts.
Regards
Bhanumurthy.

In my opinion the better way to "see" the modulation process is in the time domain: so a signal (audio) modulates FM the carrier i.e.. instat for instant the phase of the carrier is changed from the modulating signal.

I hope this can help.

Bye

What's wrong with having a composite signal modulating an RF carrier. An FM modulator can work quite well with a composite signal as with a single tone signal.

RF & Modulation

I given FM for example. It may be any type of modulation FM, AM, SSB, PM or any other. How a different audio frequency modulates a single carrier frequency at a same time. Suppose when a carrier frequency is busy with 1KHz audio how it also dance with other audio frequency on the same time.

Code Warrior said:
One thing still confuse me. How different audio frequency at a same time modulate single carrier frequency. I mean a 100MHz FM transmitter is broadcasting Music, music contains audio frequency from 1KHz to 18KHz, so my question is how a multiple audio frequency modulate single RF carrier at a same time.

The same way your ears hear all the frequencies at the same time. Look at 1 kHz, 3 kHz, and 5 kHz on a oscilloscope. It will look like a square wave (assuming you have the proper phasing). That waveform is simply as summation of the tones. The waveform is modulating the carrier. The modulation with subsequent demodulation is a linear process so you get the same shaped waveform out.

RF & Modulation

Yes, speaker, mic, our ears response to different audio frequency at a same time thats what I want to know how it is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back