Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How design the encapsulation M-bus in RS232

Status
Not open for further replies.

hajeur

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
As I am novice in embedded sofware development,I find some troubles with protocols .
i am working on domotic project.I try to design an encapsulation for [the industrial protocol M-bus(transport protocol based on RS485 half duplex)]in [ the point to point serial link RS232/UART(full duplex,physical layer protocol ) ](in order to send the data afterward over an XBEE) .
Honnestly,i’s been three days since i was searching on the net for a way to get that done but right now i’m wondering if that is even possible to design .
Hajeur

Last edited:

At first sight, I don't even understand the need for "encapsulation" for the communication of a basic M-Bus master (a "mini-master" in terms of the standard). But if you need to add some out-of-band-signalling, it should work with simple escape sequences.

Actually,we opted for encapsulating the M-Bus protocol in RS232 since the RS485 require a coverter to communicate with RS232 serial link .And sorry do you mind if you explain to me how to"add some out-of-band-signalling, it should work with simple escape sequences.
",as you said?

Status
Not open for further replies.