Status
Not open for further replies.

dasong

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Help!,I design a bandgap reference ,who can tell me how decrease the TC.Who can give me some papers or ebook abort bandgap reference.thank you!!

Dear Dasong,

Well, to reduce the TC of a bandgap, you have to design your resistor and BJT in the ouput branch well.
If you want to reduce the TC to bare minimum, you have to do second order curvature correction. Please refer to the papers attached....

Dear Vamsi Mocherla
Can you tell me ,I want to use first order bandgap ,and Can the miniaum TC below 10ppm.I don't want to use second order ,if I can have the TC I want to.

Getting below 10 ppm is mighty difficult with the current first order architectures. What is your temperature range?

You can use Curvature-correct,and you may get
the miniaum TC below 10ppm.

There is a paper by Dr Leung wher he has reported TC of the order 15ppm. He has used a certain combination of resistors.
Look for it in IEEE Study paper, if it is not their I shall upload it

Dear Vamsi Mocherla
The temperature range is -40 to 115 degree.

I think it is realy difficult to get a TC below 10ppm using first order compensation. First order compensation has a theoratical limit and the commonly value is 10~20ppm if well compensated. I think you can pay attention to the TC of the resistor in your circuit, maybe helpful.

I want to know ,how to calculate the PSRR of a bandgap reference

To calculate the PSRR in a bandgap reference. Place a \[v_{ac}\] in series with \[V_{DD}\] and measure the gain, \[v_{ref}/v_{ac}\]. Next do the same with \[V_{SS}\].

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.