Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How could this idea work, or how does it not work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenAce92

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Well... it sucks that on touch devices, half the screen if not more is taken up by the input... prompting me to think about holographic projection... which is a general coining, not necessarily "holographic" but a non-physical display.

So the idea is that you have your average phone design, in landscape mode and these two rods pop out at each end of the phone eg. left-most, right-most...

From the left, a 2D beam is projected to the right rod, then you have these beams with variable arc-radius that intersect this plane, and these areas where the "beam(s)" are focused, is where pixels change... somewhat similar to ionization of the air using lasers with 3D Aerial vision see link here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNoOiXkXmYQ

Anyway, you can see the drawing I made of what I mean

It's just an idea... based on a flawed understanding of physics...

It's probably not safe, the energy requirements to ionize the normal air and make an image... also the resolution would probably ****

Attachments

• CAM00029.jpg
    CAM00029.jpg
    891.8 KB · Views: 125

Not practical I'm afraid although there are optical projecton keyboards on the market already that possibly can be Bluetooth coupled.

Besides - the thought of two high voltage spikes coming out by accident in my pocket doesn't bear thinking about - Ouch !!!

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back