Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I use serial port by using C# in Windows XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bader

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
serial port using c#

hi ........
how can i use serial port by using c# in windows xp..........

Re: serial port using c#

hi

will if u will make a windows forms application u can easily use the mscomm activex tool ............u will find it on the add/remove too box with the name of microsoft communication ............then u just use it like any other control

I was searching for driver access for .NET a year back. Couldnt find any. In the end, used PInvoke to call winAPI functions. Worked great!

If you are using .NET 1, you must use P/Invoke or get an ActiveX control to do that. (Look at CodeProject for the P/Invoke case).

If you use NET 2.0 Beta you get classes to access the serial ports included in the framework. I've used them and they work :).

You can't use Visual Studio 2003 with the .NET 2 Beta, so, use Visual Studio Express ( free ) or get a beta of Visual Studio 2005.

Hope this helps you

serial port using c#

Hi,

I am new to Visual C#.NET.

I need to connect an XML sending device to the COM port and read and write data to it.

Hi, i would like to know how i can access the COM port in Visual C#.NET either in the Windows Application (prefered) or Console Applicaion.

I am using the 'Visual Studio .NET 2003'.

Kind Souls please help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back