Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I use Calibre to generate a view that can be simulated in Cadence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elbadry

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,

I am using Calibre under Cadence Environment to perform Parasitic extraction. How can I use Calibre to generate a view that can be simulated in Cadence?

calibre cadence

Hi Adel,

Choose "CALIBREVIEW" from the "Outputs" tab, and after simulation you'll find a "Calibre" view generated for your cell. Then create a new "Hierarchy-Editor" Cell View (Config) in your test bench cell and change the "View to Use" of your circuit from "Schematic" to "Calibre". Then Save and Open the "Config" view and normally use "Analog Environment" to simulate your new "with parasitics" circuit!

Hope this will be useful :)

calibre view

Thanks dear Khaled :)

I tried this but I get an error:

//
*WARNING* dbOpenCellViewByType: Failed to create cellView (cell_name calibre) from lib (libname) in 'w' mode. Must specify a valid viewTypeName.
//

Any ideas how to resolve this?

cadence calibre

so strange! did you try to make the same way of calibreview creation on different libraries or cells?? and does calibre normally outputs parasitics using any other view?? (ex: spectre, eldo,..)

calibreview

No, I didn't try to use it on another cell...

I can see parasitics using Calibre interactive. Also, parasitics are visible if I make the output a spectre netlist...

Can this be a problem with the Kit?

calibre extract

No, I don't think it's from the design kit. It's of one of two, calibre or you :)

1. which calibre version are you using?

2. make a new library and instantiate any simple device in a cell, then try to extract its netlist in a calibre view, and let's see if something still going wrong...

spectre calibre view

Hi,
I have same problem in calibreview generation,
Is there any solution for it,
Parasitics is also visible in a spectre netlist but the Calibreview can not be created as following,
"*WARNING* dbOpenCellViewByType: Failed to create cellView (cell_name calibre) from lib (libname) in 'w' mode. Must specify a valid viewTypeName"

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back