How can I use a vpwlf source with variable for filename in AMS simulator (with UNL)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuriy_F

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I found the same topic for the spectre simulator:
https://support.cadence.com/wps/mypoc/cos?uri=deeplinkmin:ViewSolution;solutionNumber=11366978
https://www.designers-guide.org/Forum/YaBB.pl?num=1395339788
But actions described there not suitable for "AMS Unified Netlister".
UNL take the cdf simulation information from ams section.
I performed the actions from topic in cdf section for ams simulator, but it did not help.

In my irun.log file written (when i use UNL Netlister):

Error found by spectre during initial setup.
ERROR (CMI-2011): Unable to open waveform file `cds_globals.pwl_file'.
No such file or directory.

'pwl_file' - is the name of the design variable (indicated in vpwlf source) for vpwlf-files.

`cds_globals.pwl_file' - is the link to the cds_globals.vams file, where stored global signals and design variables (including 'pwl_file').

I supose, the link incorrectly passed to the netlist.vams file by the netlister.
In the netlist.vams file written:

vsource #(.type("pwl"), .file("cds_globals.pwl_file")) V0 (n[3], cds_globals.\gnd! );

But should be written:

vsource #(.type("pwl"), .file(cds_globals.pwl_file)) V0 (n[3], cds_globals.\gnd! );

Here excessive double quotes around the cds_globals.pwl_file.
Without this double quotes netlist.vams file can be successfully simulated.
May be one of the netlist procedures of "AMS Unified Netlister" incorrectly pass information from cds_globals.vams file to the netlist.vams file?
Or May be some error presented in the cdf siminfo for ams simulator?
When i use OSS netlister (instead of UNL) the same testbench circuit (with the same vpwlf source and the same design variable 'pwl_file') are successfully simulated.
When i use OSS netlister the tool is successfully locate the pwl_file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…