Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how can i trick my tv video input

Status
Not open for further replies.

benfloor

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I've got a television with stereo audio and video inputs. We want to be able to hook up our pc or mac to the tv for music reasons. We don't care about video. Unfortunately, the audio inputs won't play without having some video input in. So far, we hooked up a digital camera for the video input and then the audio worked until the camera automatically shut down. Well, I wouldn't mind if we could connect the video and audio from my pc or her mac, but it seems like that could be more costly. If anyone knows an expensive method, that'd be fine. ultimately, I was wondering if there is any somewhat safe way to connect a cable to the video input of the tv and connect it to a battery or something so that it thinks video is coming in so we can listen to our music.

Thanks,
Ben

It may be possible that the video input while receiving only H-sync pulses will open the audio channels ..
Try, using for example 555-timer, to generate a square wave of total period of 64µs, with mark≈60µs and space≈4µs ..
Adjust the level (peak-to-peak) to, say, 0.5-1Vpp ..

If it doesn't work search this forum for a PAL bar generator based on the AT90S2313 .. This circuit will work for sure as it generates complete video frames ..

Regards,
IanP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back