Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I simulate commercial RTOSes on my PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

enogogo

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How can I simulate commercial RTOSs on my PC? I dont have any embedded kits. Which embedded RTOS has PC CPU ports?

rtos simulator

According to my known, almost all commercial RTOSes have the simulator which can run on Windows and/or Linux PCs. For example, Wind River supply the vxsim that can run on Windows and Linux. MG supply the Nucleus Sim. And ...

rtos de salvo

The problem in RTOS Simulation is the Hardware event simulation: for example how you can simulate a DMA Transfer?

Best Regards

pc windows rtos simulator

If that, I think you can buy the RTOS version based on X86 arch. So you can do almost verything on PC.

rtos de salvo

In Vxworks there is VxSim which can inturn simulate ur hardware independant software modules from the Shell Script while the Host will itself behave like the target .But the modules should be accessible with global variables ...
So , it is not true that u cant simulate ur software in RTOS ... but it is true that u cant check it if it is fully hardware dependant .

salvo rtos simulation

Goolgle RTOS DE SALVO

RTOS simulation

Just find the proper IDE for the processor type you want to use - most modern IDEs (KEIL, IAR etc) have built in simulators for the processors they support - and give your RTOS a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back