Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how can I simulate Bode plot in cadence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

katrin

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
bode plot cadence

I want to study the stability of my feedback transimpedance amplifier, therefore, I think I should take a look at its open-loop gain and phase response VS frequency, just Bode plot

But I have not figured out how can I do this simulation in cadence. Basically, I know I should use AC analysis. I tried to use a sinusoidal current source at the input, and set its frequency as a variable "freq", its AC magnitude as a contant current value, and running AC analysis to sweep the freq. But it seemed not to work.

Meanwhile, when I disconnect the feedback resistor to the circuit input, at this time, the open terminal of this feedback resistor should be the output of open-loop gain. At this time, can I just select this open terminal as the output or should I connect a large terminal resistor from this feedback resistor to ground? in other words, how can I break the loop?

could someone help me to clarify how can i do this simulations?

thanks

cadence bode plot

To breake a loop I just insert into loop Vdc source and set DC voltage to 0V and AC voltage 1mV.
One terminal of DC source is input another is output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back