Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I send data to a usb device using serial port?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maglev

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
serial port

hello,
i need some help in my project.
how can i send data to a usb device using serial port?

does the usb to serial converter (which can connect a serial device to a usb port)can work the other way around(connect a usb device to serial port)?

please please any help

serial port

You can not use a USB->Serial converter.
This type of converter requires a USB Host port (and a driver) because IS a USB Device.
You need a USB Host for using a USB Device.
Look for ftdi USB Host solutions...

If serial port is the PHYSICAL Serial port connection and you have that as the ONLY option for communication then you'll need to make an embedded USB host. It will get data from PC, and then send to the device connected to the other end. Not something that anyone will want unless extremely limited by the legacy system's constraints. You may be one of those :)

If it is that you are familiar with COM port communication programming and don't want to switch to USB (time constraints) then you can get an FTDI adaptor. You seem to be aware of that already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back