Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I see my model in HFSS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drkirkby

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I find when drawing a model in HFSS I can see it ok. Once I've done some simulations, and got some graphs, I find it almost impossible to see the model again. I've resorted to exiting HFSS and restarting it just to see my model. There must be some way to get back to the model, and not see the results of the simulations, but it is alluding me.

Dave

emw

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
drkirkby,

You need to enter View>Active View Visibility.

Then you will see "3D Modeler","Color Keys", "Boundaries", "Excitations" and "FieldsReporter". You can uncheck the boxes that you don't want to see.

Regards,

Emre

drkirkby

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
drkirkby,

You need to enter View>Active View Visibility.

Then you will see "3D Modeler","Color Keys", "Boundaries", "Excitations" and "FieldsReporter". You can uncheck the boxes that you don't want to see.

Regards,

Emre

Thank you, but that does not work for me. Once I use

View -> Active View Visability

then I get three tabs. "Traces", "Notes" and "Legends". Whilst I can turn these things on or off, I can't turn my model back on. I don't see "3D Modeler","Color Keys", "Boundaries", "Excitations" or "FieldsReporter". None of them are seen.

I'm using HFSS 13.02.

Dave

emw

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dave,

I think I got the point that you miss. You're looking at a report from the "Results" part. If you want to go back to the model when you're in a report page, you need close it first. By closing I mean to click on the small "x" (not the big one) at the right top of the page. Then you will turn back to the previous screen.

Let's say there was a field plot before the report but you want to see your model. Now, you need to go to View > Active View Visibility (Or you can choose "Active View Visibility" from the toolbar as shown in the picture.) and uncheck the plots. Just to be clear, I took screenshots for you.

Regards,

Emre

with_results.png

without_results.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor