Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I see IR beam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tumee

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how can i see infrared

Hello all.
Can any one help me? How can I see infrared beam, radiate?
How can I do reflection? I want to radiate of ir beam just like as laser beam.

how to see infrared beams

I'd love to help you, but I'm not sure of your question.

You cant 'see' IR with your eyes. A thermal imaging camera will go some way to do this.
A reflective surface will reflect IR to some extent.

how to see infrared beam

Near IR as emitted by IR LEDs can be visualized with special IR indicator cards. Near IR optical behaviour is almost identical to visible light.

how to see ir

You can see it with any CCD camera which is sensitive to IR. If fact this principle is used to obtain "night vision".

how can i see infared

Use your cellphone's cam to see if the IR led is on, but you won't see a beam like laser beam but like a led's light instead

see ir

The interesting part of the question is the word 'see'... is like you ask question "how can I see a sound wave?".

Naah, just my thought.

Use a photocell, connected to a volt meter, from there you can detect and measure the intensity of the IR source... in a closed dark room of course, else you should calculate some compensation and... naaaahhh too long...hehehe, good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back