Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I measure time in HSPICE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jihwan_Park

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can I measure time in HSPICE?

For example,

.model m1 NMOS(LEVEL = 1 VTO = 'TIME')
I want to change parameter VTO if time change in a transient simulation.

Can I do this??

Solution
I think you cannot. Even arbitrary sweep of temperature under transient analysis is not so possible.
But, are you sure the MOS parameter should be equivalent with time? Not so realistic, practical.
Maybe you want to sweep VT0 of the MOS in transient analysis, in that case connect a PWL voltage source in series with MOS gate terminal, and sweep the voltage.
I think you cannot. Even arbitrary sweep of temperature under transient analysis is not so possible.
But, are you sure the MOS parameter should be equivalent with time? Not so realistic, practical.
Maybe you want to sweep VT0 of the MOS in transient analysis, in that case connect a PWL voltage source in series with MOS gate terminal, and sweep the voltage.

Solution
I would look at simply adding a gate series voltage
source, which will have the same effect as a VT shift.
If you used a controlled or behavioral source then
you could make it time-variant or event-variant.

Status
Not open for further replies.