Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can i measure plastic surface 0-10 mm and 0.01 tolerance with thickness measuring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analyzer

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,

I'm looking a thickness measuring system.. I heard some kinda laser systems can do, but i can not find that. How can i measure plastic surface 0-10 mm and 0.01 tolerance (without touching) ?

Analyzer

Re: Thickness Measuring

Hi,
with a capacitive sensor, what is the material ?

I think ultrasound echos could be used,if this measurement could be done under water. Since the propagation speed are certainly different just measuring timing from different echos it could be possible....
Just another idea.......

S.

Thickness Measuring

I'm looking sth like this but this is too expensive :

**broken link removed**

Any ideas?

Analyzer

Maybe doing the same think that digital photo cameras do to focus you could acheve good distance measurement......
High luminecense LEDs could also help. The light emited could be modulated. Than you could measure the phase change of the echo to find the distance.
Interference mavbe a good idea....
The measurement could be improved by averaging......
But 100um precision can be difficult to get....or maybe even impossible....

S.

Thickness Measuring

use laser whose direction form 45 degree to the table and ccd camera on other side to receive reflected from table laser light . When material to be measured will be put to table, place on ccd radiated with laser will be changed Difference between pixels (without material and with amterial) on ccd will be proportonal to thickness . You can increase resolution if put lenzes in front of ccd .

for 1 k x 1 k pix ccd sensor and 10 mm sensor length you have 10 um spaced pix onccd camera .

Status
Not open for further replies.