Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I make my program to use another one's driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arm_learner

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to use the web cam's driver for my program?
Anyone can teach me?

Your request is maximum unspecific. Its the same question as:

"I want to travel to Egypt. Who can teach me ?"

EVEYTHING is missing in your question: Which programming language, which development tools, which operating system, which camera

Nobody is able to give you any usefull answer without any more detailled information from your side.

Oh! Sorry!
I want to use VC++ to do that.
I just want to get the image/ video from the Web cam.
Could you tell me?
Thanks

nerd77 said:
Your request is maximum unspecific. Its the same question as:

"I want to travel to Egypt. Who can teach me ?"

EVEYTHING is missing in your question: Which programming language, which development tools, which operating system, which camera

Nobody is able to give you any usefull answer without any more detailled information from your side.

You are into VC++, so you have to install the MSDN (Microsoft Developer Network ) in your computer to ease searching for help in case you need it, or at least have the Microsoft Platform SDK documentation installed in your machine. One of this documentation is a must (either will do), since nobody can remember all of the API (Application Programming Interface) i.e. the function prototype to call a particular windows feature that is exposed to the programmer, it's way too much to remember. As for the image acquisition that you asked for, you can find the information in MSDN/Platform SDK (as per MSDN 2003) in the Graphics/Multimedia | WIA (Windows Image Acquisition) section. Basically, all you need will be related to WIA API that windows exposes. So learn all the facilities that windows exposes that meet your needs. Also always remember that MSDN is your best friend for information need :sm28:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back