Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how can I make an IR tx/rx to connect it to PC mainboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hishamsaleh

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi...
I'm so lost in making IR circiut to connect it to the mother bourd of a normal PC... I tried to make this two adapters... but no one works,,, 1) USB to infrared adapter. 2) Ir port adapter (which I'm asking for)....

So plz I need a tested schemate for any of the two adapters... (USP or Mainboard Port)...

thatnks

this adapter is an example of what i need:

Some support ;)

Hi
try this sheme
**broken link removed**
Hope it will help you.

hey guys how about wireless (not IR) communication (RX/TX) with the com port of a PC
:roll:

Do you mean rf signals? BlueTooth?

ZeleC said:
hey guys how about wireless (not IR) communication (RX/TX) with the com port of a PC
:roll:

it must be rf signals... like wireless telephones... there is a lot of forms about this... post new topic and let us help you... I think I have schemates for this!!!

see your topic soon:)

WOOOOWWW... look at this usb IrDa schematic adapter.... that's it...

enjoy it :idea:

rf types

to ZeleC

There are a variety of commercial products that have 1-5 W RF units that connect to serial ports. At the moment I cannot remember any details, such as trade names. These are advertised in industrial magazines and not computer or hobby magazines. They operate in the same frequency bands as industrial 2 way radios (150 MHz and 450 MHz bands) and probably on the frequencies assigned to general use.

RF Network

If you're looking for very easy, and aren't too concerned about the price, Maxstream has some really nice RF modems. Fairly high baud rate, good range, and pretty small too. And onboard firmware handles all the tough stuff for you.

Here is another scheme for IrDA that it conects directly to PC

hi ,
m.b. this helps
**broken link removed**
GoodLuck.

Re: how can I make an IR tx/rx to connect it to PC mainboard

Hishamsaleh said:
Hi...
I'm so lost in making IR circiut to connect it to the mother bourd of a normal PC... I tried to make this two adapters... but no one works,,, 1) USB to infrared adapter. 2) Ir port adapter (which I'm asking for)....

So plz I need a tested schemate for any of the two adapters... (USP or Mainboard Port)...

thatnks

Try the IRT2

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back