Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I link modelsim and cygwin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eda_wiz

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI,
how do I link modelsim and cygwin.

also help with linking debussy and modelsim.
I cant get *.fsdb file from after modelsim for Waveform viewer in debussy

vsim modelsim

Whizkid,

What do you mean by "linking" modelsim and cygwin? What are you trying to accomplish?

:?

modelsim cygwin

I want to run modelsim by typing vsim in the cygwin window . Now when I type vsim . VSIMSA (Aldec tool )comes up..

Please help
tnx

running model sim from cygwin

i did not encounter any problem running modelsim under cygwin. maybe your environment variable, "PATH", is not set-up properly.

btw, i'm using win2k without VSIMSA (Aldec tool ) installed.

how to run modelsim from cygwin

Whizkid,

I think louie is right, it sounds like your path isn't set up correctly. Apparently, the Aldec tools dir is in your path before the modelsim binaries and it happens to have a vsim executable as well. If you type "which vsim" it is probably going to return a directory within the Aldec tools. Either modify your path under Windows or in your shell rc file so that the modelsim dir is first in your path.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back