Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I insert parameter in my Verilog core with NC-SIM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elektor

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I using NCSIM v3.4 Linux
How can I insert parameter in my verilog core ( example : CLKPERIOD = 40 instead of 20 ) in elaborate process just like in vhdl core I can insert generic with the aid as option : ncelab (...) -generic CLKPERIOD=>40 ....

Regards

Elektor

ncelab generics

Maybe you can use 'parameter' or 'defparam' to defind new parameter in your code body instead of using ncelab options.
An advantage of this method is you can change your parameter freely indepent of the programm you choosing, say ,NC-sim or modelsim or other.

cactus

ncelab parameter

cactus_studio said:
Maybe you can use 'parameter' or 'defparam' to defind new parameter in your code body instead of using ncelab options.
An advantage of this method is you can change your parameter freely indepent of the programm you choosing, say ,NC-sim or modelsim or other.

cactus

Yes, but I have parameter in my code body. The problem is when I must change value this parameter without change my code... My tests use parameter PERIOD = 40 , but a few use PERIOD = 20 . In VHDL I use ncelab -generic PERIOD=20 and it is ok.. How I can do this in NCVerilog

Regards
Elektor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back