Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I give my users remote access to the my PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmunny

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I am a new Linux user. I installed RedHat Enterprise Linux 8.2 on my PC. I created a user account for example "USER1". My question is, how do I give my USER1 access to the PC so the USER1 can log in remotely? The target is as root I will install a software and the USER1 can also use the software in parallel with me but he will log into PC as USER1.

As root, I can log in remotely to the PC with no issue. I followed the procedure mentioned here https://access.redhat.com/documenta.../html/system_administrators_guide/ch-tigervnc. My problem is I am not clear how my USER1 can log in to the PC at the same time I am also working in the same PC as root/a user.

Thanks for your help.

Assuming you want each user to have their own home folders, create the user first, then either use RDP or VNC if they need a graphical desktop or if they only need access to files and a CLI interface use SSH and SCP instead. Both of these are probably installed in your distribution already. Their help pages explain how to connect and transfer files between systems.

If your other user is remote over the internet, you might have to use port forwarding or even DDNS for them to connect from a different ISP.

Brian.

rmunny

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back