Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how can i generate thefrequency response diagram in proteus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eng_ahmed22

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
frequency response proteus

hi everybody
plz help me. i want to calculate the input impedence of a circuit at many frequincies. how can i do this using proteus 6.7???
can i generate a grapf for the frequency response using the proteus too????
if not. could anyone suggest another sinulation software??
thanks alot
bye

bode en proteus

The Frequency graph allows you to see how the circuit behaves at different frequencies. Only one frequency is considered at a time, so the plots are not like those seen on a spectrum analyser, where all frequencies are considered together. Instead, the simulation is similar in effect to connecting a frequency generator to the input, and looking at the output with an AC voltmeter. As well as the magnitude, however, the phase of the probed signal can also be seen.
Frequency analysis produces frequency response or Bode plots. It is useful in checking that filters are behaving as expected, or that amplifier stages will work correctly across the required frequency range.
Frequency graphs can also be used to plot small signal input and output impedance against frequency.

To calculate the magnitude of sine waves at the output, we must inject a reference sine wave at the input. PROSPICE will do this automatically, but needs to know where the input of the circuit is. To do this, you must give each frequency graph a 'Reference Generator' to tell the simulator where to inject the reference signal. Do this by using the Reference field on the Edit Frequency Graph dialogue form to select an input generator.

The AC Sweep Analysis graph type creates a family of frequency response curves for a different values of a swept variable.
The main use for this graph type is in seeing how a particular component value affects the frequency response of your circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back