Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how can i generate 2.5Volt output voltage with BandGap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lotoy

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
200410cicc_vrefdesign

Hi all,
I wanna get a 2.5Volt output with a power supply of 3.3Volt. Because i give a cascode as the output stage of buffer, the combination of Amp and 2 resistors can not be used (because of the saturation requirement of cascode and power supply variation 2.7~3.3V).
Is there any other way to get 2.5V output?
Thanks in advance!!

Jian

You can use R-divider in bandgap voltage reference circuit without additional amplifier.

As the gevy'post, u can directly use resistor divider to form 2.5V refernece. At the output stage, use a follower constructed by a common drain amplifer instead of your cascode.
Hope it help u!

Follow reference u can find some examples sub 1V bgr ckts (with R divider too).
See 200410CICC_Vrefdesign.pdf, with ckts from chapter II it's easy to implement 2.5V reference output ever with 2.7V supply.

P.S.: If u add 2 resistors in series with drains of M1,M2 u can make Vds of M1,M2.M3 equal thus u obtain better current matching in current mirror.

Thank you very much!
I do it in your way ,but PSRR is degraded, about 40dB. This is the main reason that i don't use this construction.

huojinsi said:
As the gevy'post, u can directly use resistor divider to form 2.5V refernece. At the output stage, use a follower constructed by a common drain amplifer instead of your cascode.
Hope it help u!

You may generate a 1.2V as first voltage reference (conventional bandgap design) and then feed in 1.2V into a resistive feedback opamp to form a 2.5V. The matching of resistors are very important.

Use this topology for circuit . Choose a simple op amp and then play with W/L to get your specifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back