Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I find the resonant freq at each pass?

Status
Not open for further replies.

y99lx

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear hfss experts,
I run the simulation of hfss in eigenmode to find the resonant freq., and only the most current (previous pass) result is displayed. How can i find the resonant freq at each pass?

Thanks.

First, after each pass the result becomes more accurate, so i am not sure why you would want to see the resonant freq at each pass.

What you could do, i am sure if it will work, is create a global variable and assign that to you your number of passes. Then create a parametric analysis and tell it to save the info that you desire.

If you do know understand me you can always post your file and i can add it, I have HFSS 11.

Cesar

Thanks for your reply.
I want to know the details of each pass, such as frequency and Qu. Actually, what you said was not alway true. Sometimes it could be not convergent. In this case, the result is useless.

Also, I am using v11.

Thanks.
y99lx

y99lx said:
Thanks for your reply.
I want to know the details of each pass, such as frequency and Qu. Actually, what you said was not alway true. Sometimes it could be not convergent. In this case, the result is useless.

Also, I am using v11.

Thanks.
y99lx

I know that preliminary passes can be non-convergent. All i did was provide a way for you to store data after each pass. If you set up your parametric correctly you can have it calculate and store whatever data that you like. Which data you choose to keep or omit is solely up to you.

Cesar

Thanks. I will try.
y99lx

Dear Cesar,
I also use v11. At this moment, what I most want to do is change one varable/parameter and run and then analyze the result. I have no optimetrics. It is very boring and makes me tired.

Can you guide me how do this automatically without optimects. i.e., Automatically change the parameter that I want to change and save the result that i am interested, such as the resonant frequency in the eigenmode.

Thank you
Look forward to your reply.

Added after 2 minutes:

Others, is it possible to use matlab to control the hfss automatically? I am an expert of matlab.

Good news!

I found an easier to do what you want. After running your simulation create a rectangular plot. On the left hand side, on the solution pull down menu, select adaptive pass. Not last adaptive! You can make a data table or plot.

As for using Matlab, i know that older versions of HFSS supported that feature, but from what i have seen and read i have not heard of anyone doing that with V. 11

Cesar

[/img]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back