Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how can I find resources for water resistant contacts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Free_Will

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
water resistant contacts

Hi,

Does anyone know how can I find resources for water resistant contacts? I need two contact one is 9V and the other is for ground to charge the battery inside a handheld device.

Maybe you see them in electronic toothbrushes..Contacts seems as plastic but actually it conducts when placed into the cradle and it is 100% water proof...Other suggestions are welcome, as well!

Your help is really appreciated.

Thanks!
Free_Will

Re: water resistant contacts

Hi,
what be the application, water resistant may have a different meanings, may be water resist on the rain, may be water resist 1000 m under water. Have IP standard to water and dust resistance.
Have a several big manufacture of connectors, Amphenol, AMP-Tyco, Bendix, Airborn etc. all this company have a waterproof connectors.

Free_Will

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Wow! Inductive Coupling! I had never thought on it...Thank you for the information...However I understand it is not good for my design , I may need 400-500mA charging current...

I should use pin contacts then , and thnik about the mechanical design....

Tohu,

I wanted to say , water should not enter into the device up to 1 meter depth water...Most time to protect from rain but also a limit of 1 meter is ok...

I will search for metal/gold contacts that I can put them apart one at the left side the other is at the right side then put it into the cradle...

Your ideas are still welcome

Thanks,
Free_Will

water resistant contacts

i suppose you know this site already when made simple google search - rated up to 10 meters connector . They are talking about standard IP68 . That could be what Tohu has mentioned .
**broken link removed**

But worth to look to Tohu's listed companies . those are known leaders .

water resistant contacts

However I understand it is not good for my design , I may need 400-500mA charging current...

4.5 watts. I think it's probably possible. It depends how much space you have for the coils.

i think it would be possible to do it capacitivley but it would be hard to make it meet EMC requirements.

Thanks dudes , all information you have provided helped me a lot...IP68 type connectors will probably solve my problem , also I will work on a inductive coupling system and see what I can get...I will let you know with the progresss...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back