Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I find a project to do at home for a company?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ahmadagha23

work at home

Hi
I experienced in VHDL (for FPGAs) and also TMS320C6000 DSPs.
How can I find a project to do at home for a company?(and then recieve its money)

I am in IRAN.

thanks

Re: work at home

Yes in the WORLD ECONOMIC ORDER this is called OUTSOURCING ..
The problem is how "TO BE NOTICED" . Well you should start with a good web site and i suggest you to develop some IPs of your own . One activity might conduce to the other .. This area is slow in the US right now . Is not like 4 years ago .. Most of the custumers left are military so they won't easly go abroad .. But being closer to INDIA and china i think that you should cater to the american bussiness relocated there ..

The field were there will always be some demanding are medical, Image processing , security (biometrics and all that crap .please don't screw the world more than it is ! ) and the upcoming new HDTV format .. I think that in this area there is a lot to do .. But it will take 2 more years when the in the US will start a massive conversion . There are plenty of things to do ,,Ex an encryptor for HDTV video for toll TV .. video links to TRANSMITTERS ..and a lot of reconversion of old equipment .I think that there is a BIG opportunity here .. To convert analog transmitters to digital signal ..! ( YES IS POSSIBLE and not too HARD!)

Are there websites specialized in searching these types of jobs?

salAm Ahmad Agha,
There are a lot of places you can register to work from home, but it is really difficult if you do not have contacts and do not live close to that place so you can get there for a visit every now and then.

I will look arround and see what I can find and send it to the list.

But in general, companies would rather deal with an agency than individuals. If you can hook up with a company in the west (England and German have a lot of temp. agencies), they will take the job, and payment and pay you some of it, it can be as low as 35% depending on how good you are negotiating with them. Being in a country like Iran makes things much much more difficult.

There are very few western companies who would even look at an applicaiton for outsourcing to Iran, mainly because of the restriction from the US government and the fact that Iran does not have a working copyright law and protection for intellectual properties. And if they choose to work with an Iranian high-tech company or even individual contractors, they risk loosing their business with American companies (who "own" the majority of the electronic busines in Europe).

Good luck with your searhc and I will see if I find my links and send them here.

bA etherAm,
/Farhad

Status
Not open for further replies.