Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I find a good USB testbench

Status
Not open for further replies.

aegean.chou

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm designing a USB core, can anyone tell me how to find a good testbench? Thanks.

I think different designer will design his USB core with different ways. Especial registers will use especial bits. Such as write-clear, read-clear, or hardware-clear.

So the testbench from other usb cores is same only in interface signals timing. And the hub and device is differents.

So I think you should write those patterns by yourselves.

If you have the interesting, you can find the simple example in opencore. But those patterns are not complete.

Good luck.

I think the interface of USB testbench is bus level or PHY level, for example: dwusbd. Because I want the testbench can simulate a host to send FULL and LOW speed signals both, and can check the result automatically. This is difficult and requires lots of time.
The testbench for OpenCore usb_func 1.1 is simple for me to complete my work.

aegean.chou said:
This is difficult and requires lots of time.
The testbench for OpenCore usb_func 1.1 is simple for me to complete my work.

For business core, it's impossible to upload here.
I think you can write many basic task. From send J and send K to write task for transfer. Then write a script to product the test pattern automatically.

This will save time for your work.

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back