Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how can i figure out the bias voltage for the folded cascode

Status
Not open for further replies.

xdyrick

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how can i figure out the bias voltage for the folded cascode for the vb1 vb2 vb3 vb4,can anyone give the design procedure for folded cascode OTA(note:the output should be differential output)???

Re: how can i figure out the bias voltage for the folded cas

The biasing voltage depends on both structure & applications of your circuit. One thing you have to keep is the operating region of all transistors at each biasing point.

Why don`t you use the self-biasing folded cascode ?

As I have seen the folded cascoded OTA in self-biased structure is sigle ended, but i want differential output,can someone give an example? thx!!!!

Please use a fully differential folded cascode with source degeneration and a common mode feedback circuit.You can find this in Paul Gray.Please search in the last chapters.You will get a good idea.

I use wide-swing cascade current mirror, so you can try it.

This is a file with some biasing tips of the folded cascode.

The current mirror of neter is from the book of Ken Matin.It's a good example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back