Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I do simulation of CMFB circuit using SPICE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pra

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ota design

Hi,
I am new to this group.
I am designing a telescopic cascode compensation opamp with N-Mos as i/p transistors.
I am doing the design in SPICE.
I am getting problem with the CMFB circuit.
How can I do simulation of CMFB circuit using SPICE?
Is there any material for the designing procedure!!
If so please mail it to me
Thanks In Advance
Pra

pspice ota design

you will find a lot of examples in only 2 books :)
"analog cmos design " allen & holberg
"analog circuit design " Chung Yu Wu
on edaboard forum you can find a lot ok books about analogic ic design

Re: OTA design

Thanks
while simulating it in the spice, some of the transistors are going in to linear region.
Is there any commands in spice to varry the bias voltages for making all transistors in the saturation region!!!

OTA design

Hello,

I designed a similar OTA from about a year using spice also. It was fully differential so I needed also a CMFB. It worked me well. When I connected the whole circuit the CMFB worked and it adjusted the dc level of the output nodes as excatly I calculated it.

I think there is no such command in spice. Only sweep the dc bias until u get all transistors in saturation.

OTA design

i recommend you the book called Design of Analog CMOS circuits by Behzad Razavi. You can find all about analog CMOS IC design there. Fınd it and you will have no problems about OTA and opamps

pra said:
Is there any commands in spice to varry the bias voltages for making all transistors in the saturation region!!!

SPICE is nothing more than a similation program (i.e. differential equations solver). Do not expect black magic from it :) It is only YOU who make the design, not your EDA tools...

OTA design

OTA is very simple, u should caulculate all params in hand not with EDA tools!! It is very useful for your future work!! good luck

just add a cmfb circuit
continouse or use phase1 and phase 2
to simulate it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back