Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I display more than one camera in same time

Status
Not open for further replies.

sortlaih

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
soldering conexant

I want to connect many camera in my PC .And I want to be able to watching them by smal window for each camera in same time.
I believe this Idea need a combination of porgramming language and hard ware devices.

from where shall I start....

quartz more than one camera

There are some cheap cards with Brooktree BT8x8 chipset and 4 video inputs or you can use 1 channel TV capture board and external videomultiplexer chips such as Maxims' and you can control it from serial port or parallel port or USB. To display more than one image is simple if you don't use overlay. In Preview mode of VFW (Video For Windows) you can capture image,display in a part of screen, switch analog input. capture next image and so on....

Regards.

same time 4 inputs 1 display

Hi,

Do you want to buy something ready or you intend to build it ??

Bye.

meax98

jzaghal said:
Hi,

Do you want to buy something ready or you intend to build it ??

Bye.

In fact I need to build this cos there are many features I plan to add this is only the first step......

conexant fusion 878a - agp video decoder

You can do that with Conexant Fusion 878A PCI Video Decoder chip. It's 4 composite video in, A/D converter, PCI bridge,MPEG2,PAL/NTSC/SECAM decoder, ... all in one IC. You need only few external parts (quartz,inductor and couple caps and resistors). Drivers can be find on web.

Fusion 878A costs about 25$.

Go to this link and chech application notes and datasheets.
**broken link removed**

I hope you like soldering PQFP parts! (It took me two days, until I asked for professional help).

regards
meax98

how to view more than one cam from my pc

meax98 said:
You can do that with Conexant Fusion 878A PCI Video Decoder chip. It's 4 composite video in, A/D converter, PCI bridge,MPEG2,PAL/NTSC/SECAM decoder, ... all in one IC. You need only few external parts (quartz,inductor and couple caps and resistors). Drivers can be find on web.

Fusion 878A costs about 25$.

Go to this link and chech application notes and datasheets.
**broken link removed**

I hope you like soldering PQFP parts! (It took me two days, until I asked for professional help).

regards
meax98

Thank you ...

But the link you gave me It's only for four cameras my Idea should be serve at least fifty cameras...

conexant 878 amcap

But, if you ever open video mux or switch, you will find few ICs, each serving 2-4 video inputs and together you can connect usually 8-16 channels. So, if you take two of these, Fusion 878A, you will have 8 inputs, if you take three ... and so on. Todays motherboards usually have six PCI slots, graphic card is AGP, audio is onboard, LAN and modem also. You can connect maximum "5-6 times 4" inputs, what makes 20-24 video cameras.

regards
meax98

conexant fusion 878a datasheet

Yes,

I agree with meax98. Multiplexing is the only way to make
such a big project, also it would cost a fortune for something that
is ready built.

Keep us informed on your project.

Good Luck.

Hi,
You can try IEEE.1394 PC camera with 2 ports and IEEE.1394 routers. We have successfully cascaded 25 cameras in daisy chains. Image of each camera can be viewed by Vidicap or Amcap respectively.

you can easly use PYSoft Broadcaster software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back