Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can i design vco in 90nm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

junfun

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to design a vco at 2.5GHz in 90nm.
I have to simulator tt 25 degree but the corners(ff 0 degree in vdd+10% and ss 100 degree in vdd-10%) was fail.
Delay cell in vco was symmetrical load.
How can i improve it?

Regards

Hello dear..
i am also trying to design a Symmetrical type load Delay cell in 0.18u.Maneatis delay cell PDF u might have read.shall I send the link.
http://www.truecircuits.com/images/pdfs/maneatis96b.pdf
main thing is there is a design procedure for designing such tyle of Delay Cells.
One more link from waterloo uni is:
www.asic.uwaterloo.ca/files/cmos_ic_team/pll/documentation/delay_cell_ryan.pdf

Added after 1 minutes:

If u ahve any PDF regarding the Symmetrical type Load VCO design please send me.

junfun

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Which architecture u are using for VCO. If ur using architecture other than cross coupled then u might be facing this problem(I suppose). Can u please tell about the archotecture

junfun said:
I want to design a vco at 2.5GHz in 90nm.
I have to simulator tt 25 degree but the corners(ff 0 degree in vdd+10% and ss 100 degree in vdd-10%) was fail.
Delay cell in vco was symmetrical load.
How can i improve it?

Regards

How about the gain of your delay cell? the gain of the delay cell should have enough margin for corners. If you use a fixed bias current for simulation, you can use a current from the bandgap, it will give you better results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back