Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how can i design double port for microstrip antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbotnik

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am from israel, i need to design a microstrip antenna with two ports to 3Ghz one port to recieve sines siggnal and the other one to transmit modulated signal, i can use FR4 as a substrate

If they are the same frequency, you need to use a ferrite device called a circulator. You also might need some sort of PIN diode switch or limiter in front of the receiver to keep it from blowing up if the antenna is ever removed or short circuited.

If they are different frequencies, you use two bandpass filters arranged in a diplexer filter fashion. Hopefully the transmit and receive frequencies are far enough apart, and the filters are steep enough, so that broadband noise out of the transmitter does not swamp the receiver's noise figure (unless you are turning the transmitter off during receive events).

If you can control the system design, you could transmit one direction with one paolarization, and receive at that site with the opposite polarization. You then design a dual pole antenna with one port per pole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back