Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I design an adjustable voltage power supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xiongnr

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How can I design an adjustable voltage power supply?

The voltage of the power supply can be set from 0V to 100V.It should be very stable.

I want to get a design circuit of this power supply,than I can choose the component.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Please check the datasheet of various voltage regulator (search on Google )
**broken link removed**

It can also be done with a linear regulator but the heat produced and the efficiency would be much worse.
I don't know how much is the output current you need.

An example of a linear regulator is shown here
**broken link removed**

It uses an LM317 which works fine as long as the input-output difference is below 40v, the circuit uses a tracking pre-regulator (transistors) that feed the LM317 input with a voltage slightly higher than the output.

Alex

The output current is nearly zero,the smaller the better.

Thanks.

Adjustable voltage regulator is made by combining a common 78L05 with an integrated audio amplifier of the type tda2030; an adjustable voltage regulator can be constructed in a very simple manner that works very well.

Adjustable voltage regulator is made by combining a common 78L05 with an integrated audio amplifier of the type tda2030; an adjustable voltage regulator can be constructed in a very simple manner that works very well.

I'm very curious , how do you intend to use a 5v regulator and a 36v audio amplifier to make a 0-100v adjustable power supply?

Alex

xiongnr

Depending on power required and efficiency desired, you should think about a switch mode power supply aproach.

+++

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back