Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I design a signal generator using VHDL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dante_t

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Help needed with VHDL

Hi there

I have a serious n urgent problem

i wrote a vhdl code for generating 3 basic signals (swatooth, square & triangular waves). they are currently running at a fixed frequency (eg 50Hz). i'd like the frequency to be adjustable with inputs from the ps/2 keyboard. for example, by pressing 23 on the keypad of the keyboard the signals must run at 230Hz, 09 at 90Hz, 15 at 150Hz, etc. up to 99 for 990Hz. any pressed digits on the keypad must only be executed when the "enter" key is pressed. executed meaning changing the frequency of the signals. the rest of the keys on the keyboard must not be active except for the keypad 0-9, numeric 1-3 (i.e !,@,#) and enter

This is more like a signal generator with a keyboard controlling/setting the frequency. later on, i'll have to displays these signals on the vga monitor.

im using altera UP2 and Cyclone II (DE1) development boards.

attached is the code for the keyboard, for generating the signals

pls pls help :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.