Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can i design a firing circuit with thyristor... plz some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightmare2x2x

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How can i design a firing circuit with thyristor which gives triggering from my own ? :cry:

I want to design a simple circuit...

Any help !!! thanx

Not sure, what you mean. A thyristor can be used in a free running trigger generator (e.g. for a stroboscope). A diac or a zener diode (in case of a sensitive gate thyristor) is firing the thyristor, when the storage capacitor voltage reaches the defined threshold.

i saw different kinds of gate circuits, there are dc, pulse and ac signals. hm most of them are complicated
i mean can i implement and design my own circuit ( create a circuit ) used for generating triggering signals for SCR

You should try to be more clear. How do you want to fire the thyristor, e.g phase angle control, on/off control?

There are several aspects involved in trigger circuit design, e.g. isolation (possibly by trigger transformers), generating high trigger currents (for large thyristors) with limited supply power, possibly zero crossing detection and timing generation for phase angle control, timing for full wave switching.

Status
Not open for further replies.