Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I design a board for my ICs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohammad_goodman

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I am newbie in electronics but I know a little. My undergraduate was computer engineering and I know C++ programing. Also about Verilog and VHDL. But now, I want to know If I programed a FPGA or have a IC like microcontroller's or microprocessor's, How can I design a circuit to build a board for it?

I mean which knowledge is necessary to do it, and which books could help me to learn from beginner to professional?
My purpose is only learn how to nterface (designing PCB for) any microprocessors and microcontrollers and FPGAs.

Regards!

Hi. For designing pcb for what ever the parts are needed to be mounted a CAD software is needed.There are lot of them available on the internet either totally free or with free trial versions.
It won't be easy for any one which ones is the used by most people,However for beginner level i think the first name that comes to every one's mind is cadsoft"EAGLE". Its easy a huge amount of helping material available on the net and official web site like libraries, design rules, user contributed design examples and many more.Its also offers a trial version with full functionality of commercial version but board size is limited.
I used it for very long time along with "SPRINT" layout another good one.
Both dose have no simulation capability so a beginner not in need to use simulation these two are easy to learn and design.

Thank you liteon
But I have used "Altium Designer" before, but for example, I had a nxp microcontroller and I wanted to design a board for it. I searched the internet and founded some datasheets of commercial boards that designed for that microcontroller and I copied which parts I wanted to use them to interface my micro. I saw how can I design peripherals I wanted.

But now, I wish to learn how should I design my board without copying the other one's. Which knowledge has who designs a board for a microcontroller (or other ICs) for first time?

Last edited:

Have a look on the PCB layout forum, search there as there has been lots of advice put up for beginners, that where the professional PCB guys tend to hang out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back