Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can i design a analog IC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ringocheng

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I am an university student. I did not do an analog ic design before. Can any experienced teach me what is the 1st step on analog IC design?
My project title is CMOS Change pump. I dont know how to define the L/W ratio? How to make a VCO? Which should i need to consider 1st? Plsease give me a guideline for doing an analog design. Thank you.

Ringo Cheng
EEE, CUHK

ringocheng said:
Hi, I am an university student. I did not do an analog ic design before. Can any experienced teach me what is the 1st step on analog IC design?
My project title is CMOS Change pump. I dont know how to define the L/W ratio? How to make a VCO? Which should i need to consider 1st? Plsease give me a guideline for doing an analog design. Thank you.

Ringo Cheng
EEE, CUHK

You should first learn how to make simple circuits like current mirrors, one stage amplifiers and differential amplifiers... But as a first you have to understand theory.
W/L ratio is dictated by dc operation point (currents and voltages) and matching property...

Just start with the simple circuit, calculate it and then simulate it in cadence or hspice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back