How can I derive a voltage diagram from an ampere diagram (gas sensor)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trixkire

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How can I derived a voltage diagram from an ampere diagram(gas sensor)?

The gas sensitivity diagram from ME3-03 sensor is in mA-ppm:

How can I derived a voltages-ppm diagram from the one above in order to work with values that comes directly from the ADC?

Re: How can I derived a voltage diagram from an ampere diagram(gas sensor)?

Hi,

* Read datasheet.
* There is a "basic circuit".
* Use it.

Klaus

I could find no information in the data sheet I located about how to bias the device. It's a very poor data sheet.
You may have to contact the manufacturer for more info.

In general you can use a transimpedance opamp connection to convert a current to a voltage.

As KlausST said, there's a suggested sensor circuit in the datasheet. Winsen ME3-O3 is a classical 3-electrode sensor and needs a potentiostat circuit (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potentiostat) with zero reference voltage.

Current to voltage conversion is achieved according to a conversion resistor (combination of R3, R5 and RT1 in the transimpedance part of the circuit).

Where is that datasheet located?

Where is that datasheet located?

You can find the datasheet here: https://www.winsen-sensor.com/d/fil...trochemical/ME3-O3 0-20ppm(Ver1.2) Manual.pdf

I have voltages as an output from the circuit used the suggested circuit from datasheet, but now I want to convert the diagram to a diagram voltages/ppm from ampere/ppm so I find out how many ppm the sensor is sensing. I am new to this so sorry for any "strange" questions.

Hi,

but now I want to convert the diagram to a diagram voltages/ppm from ampere/ppm

You simply need to use Ohm´s law (The most basic formula for electronics): V = I x R

FvM said: Current to voltage conversion is achieved according to a conversion resistor (combination of R3, R5 and RT1 in the transimpedance part of the circuit).

Let´s say:
* Sensitivity = 0.6uA/ppm
* R5 = 20k
* R3 = 20k
* RT1 = 10k

Then the combination of R3, R5 and RT1 gives 26.67kOhms (Ohms = V/A)

now simply multiply:
0.6uA/ppm x 26.67kOhms = 0.6 x 10^-6 A x 26.67 x 10^3 V/A = 16mV/ppm

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…