Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can i control 3 motors by pic micro controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

suvasu

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
PIC to control 3 motors

How can i control 3 motors by pic micro controller. Which PIC i should use?
Motors should have good power.
So which motor should i use?

Re: PIC to control 3 motors

suvasu said:
How can i control 3 motors by pic micro controller. Which PIC i should use? Motors should have good power. So which motor should i use?
Nice..you need everything to be suggested by members. Even the motor? Ok...Here is a good suggesion...Use PIC18F2550, connect pin 1, 2 and 3 for 3 optos, then the thyristors and then to the motors and power it. Use a 100Hp motor for good power.:D:D:D:D

PIC to control 3 motors

Hi,
If you must use PIC take a look at 16F777 or for more advanced look at dsPIC30 and dsPIC33MC.
You could also uses ATmega for PWM as most of these have 3 or more PWM channels, such as ATmega88.
If you control DC motor, you can use PWM, but for AC motor, you have to use either phase controller, frequency control or pulse skipping.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Re: PIC to control 3 motors

Hello,

engines must move at the same time? is a project of CNC?

an important note the microcontroller serves to control a process.
for driving high currents, you must use power driver

in all my projects with motor control driver use this fantastic "Allegro Microsystems"

**broken link removed**

that PIC?
high frequencies are not needed to drive a motor, you can use any PIC you can generate an output PWM

Here the complete list of micros "microchip" that have this feature

https://www.microchip.com/ParamChartSearch/chart.aspx?branchID=55&mid=10&lang=en&pageId=74

but you remember that you can generate PWM signals with a simple timer periodically interrupting an output pin
so any "micro" is valid for your purpose

Use a 100Hp motor for good power.
and my "Back to the Future" have nothing faster? 8) JEJEJEJ

Regards.

also you can see AN696 microchip

driving a servo motor dc

**broken link removed**

Firs you need to decided what kind of motors you need to use or presicion level or power consumption,

after the answer of these questions i can give you some advices

if you want to build a hobby project , use step motors or want to buid an industrial project use 3 phase big motors. if you need more presicion use servos.

all individual motor types need different kind of driver tecniques.

you should consider all above :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back